Find out how a healthy diet and proper care can keep your hair looking good at all times…
- Know Your Hair Type
There are various opinions about how often to shampoo your hair. However, you need to take down these points into consideration;
- your hair type and texture
- how often you use hair products
- your activity level
People with oily hair may need to shampoo every day, while people with dry hair may need to shampoo less frequently.
2. Eat Foods Rich In Protein
Protein-rich meals is an important factor to consider in hair growth and scalp health. Basically, hair is made up of protein, so make sure you consume at least 45 grams of protein on daily basis.
Diets with insufficient protein can lead to weak hair that breaks easily, loss of hair and loss of colour. Good sources of protein include:
- lean meat
3. You Should Have Zeal for Zinc
Deficiency in Zinc can cause hair to shed. Ensure to have nuts like walnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, pecans, and almonds into your diet to fight shedding of hair.
Drink lots of water and eat lots of:
- leafy green salads
4. Choose the right kind of Shampoo and Conditioner
Using the right kind of shampoo and conditioner for a hair plays a vital role in giving you that much desired fuller-looking crown of glory. Avoid using shampoos with harsh ingredients such as ammonium lauryl sulfate or sodium lauryl sulfate.
Conditioning after shampooing your hair is important in keeping your hair shiny and soft. Also note that the cost of a product doesn’t ineludibly vouch for its credibility. You can use a separate or a built-in conditioner, as long as it’s the right one for your hair type.
5. Increase Your Intake Of Omega
Increase your intake of Omega-3 fatty acids so as to fuel your hair follicles and sebaceous glands to promote growth scalp health.
Omega-3 fatty acids are found in cold-water fish, such as sardines, salmon, and herring. Other good sources include:
- flax seed
- cottage cheese
6. Hair Maintenance Tips
Keep these tips in mind for healthy and fuller hair:
- Start off on the lowest heat setting while blow drying and gradually increase heat as needed.
- Allow your hair to air dry when possible.
- Change up where you place pins and clips so that breakage isn’t localized.
- Choose a shade that’s within three shades of your natural color whenever you dye your hair.
- Regularly massage your scalp to stimulate hair growth and increase blood circulation.
- Get your trimmed regularly every 10 to 12 weeks to keep hair healthy and prevent breakage.