Here is the list of the most common short- and long-term relationship problems people often come up with.
- Affairs/infidelity/cheating. READ ALSO: How to Remain Faithful in Relationship
- Sexual problems particularly loss of libido and uncertainty about your sexuality.7 Solutions That Can Save a Relationship For Married and Singles
- Significant differences in core values.
- Life stages – you’ve ‘outgrown’ each other or have ‘changed’ significantly for whatever reason.
- Traumatic life-changing events.
- Responses to prolonged periods of stress such as long-term, mental health issues, work-related stress, infertility, and others
- Feeling bored in your relationship READ ALSO: 10 Things to Talk About with a Guy to Keep Him Interested
- Dealing and coping with a jealous partner. READ ALSO: 7 Warning Signs of an Unhealthy Relationship
- Domestic violence, which includes verbal as well as physical abuse.READ ALSO: 6 Ways to Peacefully End a Toxic Relationship
- Knowing you shouldn’t have got married in the first place. READ ALSO: Things to Consider Before Dating an Older Partner
- Lack of responsibility from one partner regarding health, finances, children and many other issues.
- Unrealistic expectations – still thinking your partner/spouse is the princess or the knight, and not seeing the ‘real’ human being.
- Addictions – substance abuse, gambling, sex… anything that’s become an unhealthy preoccupation.
- Excessive reliance on social media, to the detriment of the relationship. READ ALSO: 5 Ways Cheating Has Become Easier With Social Media
- Lack of support during particularly difficult times from your partner. READ ALSO: How to Support Your Partner during Fertility Treatments
- Lack of communication about important matters. READ ALSO: 5 Ways to Communicate Better With Your Partner
- Poor division of (or one-sided lack of responsibility for) chores and tasks. It’s not only women who complain about this relationship problem.
- Perceived lack of concern, care and attentiveness, feeling like the relationship is one-sided.10 Signs to Tell a Guy Doesn’t Like You
- Significant personal disappointments and traumas that lead to a change in relationship dynamics
- Significant differences in opinion on how to discipline or deal with the children.
It’s impractical to expect all of your requirements to be met in your relationship or marriage. Being excessively dependent on each other often leads to issues in your relationship or marriage. If you feel that your needs aren’t being met this may be a warning sign for infidelity
Unrealistic expectations can lead to displeasure and bitterness. However your view of what is termed ‘realistic’ may be different from mine and from your partner’s. By viewing your perception of the problems, you’re more likely to make the right decisions about how to overcome the difficulties and your reactions, rather than blaming your partner.