Arthritis is a deteriorating joint disease that causes devastating painful symptoms. The most common symptom of this condition is pain. You can start at home with remedies to help manage the painful signs.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has many natural anti-inflammatory properties that helps reduce the pain and swelling in arthritis. Curcumin, which is the active component of turmeric has been used for centuries in Chinese herbal and Ayurvedic medicine to relieve arthritis symptoms.
- Honey and apple cider vinegar: According to D. C. Jarvis, M.D in his book Folk Medicine, drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with honey in water can help acidify your diet and help with arthritis. This helps release and excretes acid crystals that form in the joint.
- Mustard oil: Mustard oil is a potent massage oil that has been used for years to treat joint pains and diseases. It helps stimulate blood flow to the region and stimulates healing.
- Cherries: Cherries have the highest anti-inflammatory content of any food, according to researchers. Tart cherry juice can help athletes who are at a higher risk of osteoarthritis.
- Epsom salt: Epsom salt is high in magnesium and can help ease joint pain, says nutritional therapist at the Margaret Hills Clinic, Christine Horner. So take a hot bath with some Epsom salt before going to bed to ease arthritic symptoms.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa has properties that help in dissolving uric acid causing gouty arthritis reducing gout pain and swelling. People also take alfalfa as a source of vitamins A, C, E, and K4; and the minerals calcium, potassium, phosphorous, and iron.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon has high levels of manganese that is the main component that leads to bone and connective tissue formation. With its anti-inflammatory properties, it can considerably provide relief from painful symptoms.
Natural Remedies for Asthma Attacks