Thinning hair is one of the major beauty concerns among a lot of women. It’s not rare to start off with a thick ponytail and watch it wear away with time. Hibiscus is one of the most famous herbs used for hair growth. It has gained popularity because of its ability to stimulate hair growth even from dormant hair follicles in bald patches. The flower is an efficient remedy to put a stop to hair fall, encourage regrowth, and prevent premature graying.
Benefits Of Hibiscus For Hair
- Hibiscus is rich in amino acids that nourish your hair, strengthen your roots, and keep your hair shiny and healthy.
- Hibiscus leaves help to prevent split ends by keeping your hair strong and hydrated
- It helps treat issues of the scalp, such as dandruff and itchiness.
- Hibiscus infused oil is rich in vitamin C that boosts collagen production, ensuring healthy hair growth.
- Hibiscus stimulates hair regrowth from dormant follicles and bald patches. This helps add volume to your hair.
- It also helps condition your hair, preventing dryness, frizz, and breakage.
1. Hibiscus Infused Hair Oil For Hair Growth
The hibiscus infused oil helps revitalize the scalp and promote hair growth while the coconut oil penetrates deep into the hair shaft, supplying it with nourishment.
- Wash the hibiscus flowers and leaves and then grind them into a fine paste.
- Heat one cup of coconut oil in a saucepan and add the hibiscus paste to it.
- Heat for a couple of minutes. Cover the pan with a lid and turn off the flame.
- Set the pan aside for the oil to cool.
- Once the oil has cooled, take 2-3 tablespoons to use and store the rest in a jar or bottle.
- Start by massaging the oil into your scalp with your fingertips. Then, work it down to the tips of your hair.
- Once all of your hair is covered, massage your scalp for an additional 10 minutes. Leave the oil in your hair for 30 minutes.
- Wash the oil out with a mild shampoo.
READ ALSO: 10 Hair Trends in 2018
2. Hibiscus and Yogurt Hair Mask For Strong Hair
Hibiscus and yogurt hair mask is known to make the hair roots strong and promote quality hair growth. It nourishes your hair. Use it once or twice weekly.
- 1 hibiscus flower
- 3-4 hibiscus leaves
- 4 tbsp. yogurt
- Grind the hibiscus flower along with the leaves into a fine paste.
- Mix it with the yogurt until you get a smooth consistency.
- Apply this hair mask to your scalp and hair and leave it on for about an hour.
- Wash the mask out of your hair with lukewarm water and shampoo.
3. Hibiscus Shampoo
Hibiscus is an excellent ingredient for scalp. The leaves of this flower produce a slight lather, which effectively cleanses the hair without shedding its natural oils. Use three times a week.
- 15 hibiscus leaves
- 5 hibiscus flowers
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- Boil the hibiscus flowers and leaves in a cup of water for 5 minutes. Set it aside to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add the gram flour.
- Wash your hair by replacing your regular shampoo with this mixture.
READ ALSO: DIY Skin and Hair Care for Women
4. Coconut Milk and Hibiscus for Dry Hair
This pack is perfect for dry hair because of its excellent conditioning properties. It fights dryness, repairs brittle hair, and prevents splitting. Use once a week.
- Mix the ingredients to get a thick, consistent paste.
- Apply the paste to your scalp and hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash the pack out with lukewarm water.
READ ALSO: 7 Effective Home Remedies for Hair Loss
5. Ginger and Hibiscus Leaves for Hair Regrowth
A combination of hibiscus and ginger are both wonderful hair growth ingredients. They can both stimulate hair growth from dormant follicles. Use twice a week.
- 3 tbsp ginger juice
- 2 tbsp crushed hibiscus flowers
Egg and hibiscus pack is enriched with proteins, and it works well to control hair fall and oiliness. If you have oily hair, this pack will help balance your scalp’s pH levels and boost hair growth.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl until you get a smooth consistency.
- Working in sections, massage the solution into your scalp and then work it down to the tips of your hair.
- Once all of your hair is covered, wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
READ ALSO: Keratin Hair Treatments
6. Egg and Hibiscus for Hair Growth
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp crushed hibiscus flower
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl until you get a consistent paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair until all of it is covered.
- Wait for 20 minutes with the hibiscus-egg pack in your hair and then rinse it out with a mild shampoo.
7. Olive Oil/Almond Oil and Hibiscus for Hair Growth
This paste helps to promote hair growth, nourishes and conditions your follicles and hair shafts. Thrice a week.
- 1 tsp olive/almond oil
- 5 hibiscus leaves
- 5 hibiscus flowers
- Grind the leaves and flowers to form a smooth paste.
- Add a teaspoon of either olive oil or almond oil to the paste.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
8. Hibiscus and Onion for Hair Growth
Hibiscus and onion contains growth-boosting properties. Regular use of this hair pack will ensure an increase in hair volume and thickness. Use thrice weekly.
- 1 onion
- A bunch of hibiscus leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- Grind the onions to a pulp. Using a muslin cloth, collect the juice from the onion pulp in a bowl.
- Grind the hibiscus leaves with water and collect the juice from it using a muslin cloth.
- Mix both the juices and start applying the mixture to your hair and scalp in sections.
- Once all of your hair is covered, keep the solution on for 15 minutes. Then, wash it out with lukewarm water.
9. Hibiscus and Curry Leaves For Hair Growth
This hibiscus and curry leaves hair pack is rich antioxidant content and the penetrative properties of coconut oil ensures complete hair health. It takes of dryness, dandruff, and hair fall. Use three times a week.
- A handful of hibiscus leaves
- A handful of curry leaves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Blend all the ingredients to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to your scalp and hair. Massage it into your scalp for 10 minutes.
- Keep the paste on for 30 minutes and then rinse it out with lukewarm water.
10. Hibiscus and Amla Hair Mask
This hair mask helps strengthen the hair follicles and promotes healthy scalp, resulting in thick and healthy hair. It helps make your hair soft and manageable thanks to its conditioning properties. Use two times a week.
- 3 tbsp crushed hibiscus flowers and leaves
- 3 tbsp amla powder
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste. You may add some water to get a smooth consistency.
- Apply the amla-hibiscus mixture to your scalp and hair.
- Once all of your hair is covered, leave the mask on for 40 minutes.
- Rinse it out with a mild shampoo.