Every woman wants her lips to be soft and pink. Beautiful lips enhances smile. But when the lips become dark and pigmented, it doesn’t look attractive.
Dark and pigmented lips have become a constant problem among women these days. Some factors that may lead to pigmentation include excessive intake of tea or coffee, exposure to the sun, and neglect in taking care of the lips. Apart from using expensive lip scrubs and peels, you can make some easy DIY lip packs to remove the dark and pigmentation.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Lips Naturally
- Lemon Honey Lip Serum
A mixture of honey and lemon is the perfect dark lips treatment that you can do from the comfort of your home. The citrus extracts from the lemon juice remove the tan and honey nourishes the lips to make them pink. After preparing this serum, it can be refrigerated and used for a week. This process can be done a few times in a day.
- 1 part lemon juice
- 1 part honey
- Soft cloth
- Mix the lemon juice and honey to make your tan removing lip serum.
- Coat your lips with this serum and leave for an hour before wiping off with a soft, wet cloth.
READ ALSO: 5 Ways To Whiten Your Teeth Naturally
2. Aloe Vera For Dark Lips
Aloe vera contains a flavonoid called aloesin which inhibits the pigmentation process in the skin, hence causing lightening of the lips. Aloe also regenerates the skin and provides it with healthy nutrients. Repeat once daily for best results.
Aloe vera gel
- Apply a thin layer of fresh aloe vera gel on the lips and let it dry.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar For Dark Lips
Apple cider vinegar is mildly acidic in nature due to the presence of alpha hydroxy acids. Don’t apply ACV overnight because its acidic nature can damage the skin. It acts as a natural lightening agent and will remove the pigmentation from the lips.
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- Dilute the vinegar in the water.
- Dab this on your lips with cotton and let it dry.
- Rinse after 10 to 12 minutes with lukewarm water.
4. Baking Soda For Dark Lips
Accumulated dead cells can cause the lips to appear dark. Soda exfoliates and removes these dead cells and brings healthy and pink skin to the surface. The lip balm or olive oil is important to keep the lips hydrated after exfoliation.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Toothbrush (optional)
- Lip balm or olive oil
- Mix some water with the baking soda to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on your lips and scrub in a gentle circular motion with a toothbrush or your fingertip. Scrub for two to three minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly, pat dry, and apply a lip balm or some olive oil.
5. Cucumber Juice
Applying cucumber juice on your lips will help rejuvenate your lips and also help to lighten them. It is also soothing and nourishing for the skin. Repeat the procedure once every day and you will notice results in 15 to 20 days.
- Cucumber juice
- Cotton ball
- Blend half a cucumber to make some fresh cucumber juice. Cool the juice in the refrigerator.
- Dip the cotton ball in the cool juice and apply the juice on your lips.
- Keep it on for at least 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Almond Oil
The soothing properties of almond oil will smoothen and rejuvenate the skin. Its sclerosant properties help to lighten the lips, thereby reducing discoloration. Apply almond oil every night before going to bed
- Take a drop or two of almond oil on a finger and massage this on the lips for a minute or two.
- Leave it on overnight.
7. Virgin coconut oil
Coconut oil contains essential fatty acids that keep your lips healthy and hydrated. Replenished lips will be soft and pink. Reapply coconut oil as and when required throughout the day.
- Use coconut oil as a lip balm during the day. Apply a tiny amount and spread it out with your fingertip.
- Apply coconut oil before going to bed as well.
Applying beetroot onto your lips will remove the tan from the lips naturally and add color your lips too. It cleanses the skin and keeps it supple. Its antioxidants will also keep the skin young and healthy. Pink lips are all yours in a few days.
- Slice the beetroot and store in the refrigerator.
- In your leisure time, scrub a cool beetroot slice on your lips for a couple of minutes.
- You can wash the beetroot juice after 15-20 minutes.