Compatibility is an important part of any healthy long-term relationship that will be fulfilling for both of you. Being compatible doesn’t necessarily mean you have to like the same things, but finding out your common interests is a plus for most relationships and will help you connect positively.
READ ALSO: 10 Reasons Why Couples Drift Apart Over Time
Some persons on opposite side of the poles can attract, and the small uniqueness about a person can be an advantage. However, on compatibility basis, it’s just essential that you agree on major things like ethics, morals and views of the world.
First impressions are just that; you have an idea of who they are when you first meet them and you can assume they’re one way only to realize they are totally different. That’s why it’s not too ideal to judge someone on superficial level. You will see that most of the time a person is much different inside compared to what they display on the outside. This isn’t a bad thing but the fact is compatibility cannot be determined at the very beginning because you are yet to know who the person really is.
READ ALSO: 20 Things Most Single Men Want Women to Know
If things haven’t been feeling right or the same maybe it’s time to take a deeper look at your relationship.
Use some of these questions to ask your partner and be sure to be totally open to their response, and not have any preconceptions. Don’t pressure anyone to answer, and on the other hand don’t get excessively self-protective or shut down when the conversation gets too much.
After asking these questions you should have a much better idea to see if you are fit for each other.
- What would you consider to be cheating?
- What would be your ideal location for a honeymoon?
- Would you rather go skydiving or bungee jumping?
- Would you risk your own happiness for your own personal success?
- What to you would be the biggest “deal-breaker” in a relationship?
- Would you risk everything for the success of a relationship with someone you love?
- What do you view as your specific role in a relationship?
- If I broke your heart would you be able to forgive me if I had honest repentance?
- How long will you stay before dating again if we broke up?
- Have you ever had your heart broken before?
- Would you ever be ok with supporting me in a time of need?
- What would you see as the most important part of our relationship?
- What is the most romantic experience you have ever had?
- Have you ever been flirtatious with someone when you were out alone?
- If you had to move away for a high paying job would you do it?
- How did I come off to you when we first met?
- What’s the worst break up you have ever had?
- 18. Do you have any secrets you are keeping away from me?
- Would you ever steal to support your family?
- If I gave you something special would you return it to me after we broke up?
- What is your favorite quality about my character?
- What is your favorite quality about my looks?
- Who is your favorite friend of mine and why?
- Is there anything I wear that you dislike?
- What would you consider to be the perfect person to be in a relationship with?
- What’s the worst attribute someone can possibly have?
- What’s the sexiest thing someone can do?
- Would you prefer to date someone handsome with a horrible personality or someone unattractive with a heart of gold?
- What’s the most annoying thing you’ve seen a couple do?
- How many people have you been with?
- If I cheated on you would you ever get back with me?
- What is the biggest turn off in the world to you?
- Have you ever had any intense sexual fantasies you have never told anyone about?
- Would you rather have someone that worked all day who you never got to see, but made a lot of money, or someone who worked less and was around more?
- Do you find chemistry in the bed or chemistry out of the bed more important?
- What’s the most pain you have ever been in?
- What is the saddest you have ever been?
- What is the most serious accident you’ve ever been in?
- Would you ever hurt someone to protect me?
- Would you ever uproot your life and move somewhere totally new for someone you loved?