Wrinkles form as a result of your skin losing its elasticity. The aging process is one of the major factors that causes wrinkles to appear.
You may develop wrinkles on your hands and apart from the natural aging process, wrinkles on the hands can be caused by excessive sun exposure, excessive tanning, smoking, environmental pollution, genetic factors, dehydration, poor diet, hormonal changes in the body, and certain medications.
READ ALSO: 8 Ways to Treat Dark Knuckles at Home
Most people put in effort to take care of their face, but completely neglect their hands. You can use some effective home remedies that can make your hands smooth and wrinkle-free.
Apart from the culinary uses of olive oil, this healthy fat can also help keep your hands smooth and devoid of wrinkle.
This oil nourishes your skin and the vitamin E content along with essential fats will help stimulate collagen production to help reduce wrinkles.
Also, it can tighten the skin to prevent signs of premature aging.
- For daily use:Apply olive oil on your hands. Massage with it for 5 to 10 minutes before putting on cotton gloves to keep the oil on your hands trapped in. Repeat this daily before going to bed. Rinse it off with warm water the following morning.
- For weekly use:Mix 1 tablespoon each of sugar and olive oil to form a paste. Apply this paste on your hands and massage in circular motions for a few minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water after 10 minutes. Dry your hands and massage them with olive oil. Do this once or twice a week.
Coconut oil is a natural emollient which fills in the gaps in your skin and makes it feel smooth.
Also, the presence of fatty acids in coconut oil is excellent for dry skin. It also protects the skin from damage due to the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays.
READ ALSO: How to Get Rid of Dark Spots using Potato
A 2004 study published in Dermatitis found that coconut oil is as effective as mineral oil when used as a moisturizer.
- Apply warm extra-virgin coconut oil on your hands.
- Massage for about 5 minutes using circular motions.
- Wear gloves overnight for best results.
- Repeat this simple remedy daily.
Honey, a natural moisturizer contains antioxidant properties that work well in fighting wrinkles. It helps traps in moisture to keep your hands extra soft and smooth.
- For daily use:Rub a little honey all over your hands and allow it on for about 10 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat 1 or 2 times daily to enjoy soft and wrinkle-free hands.
- For weekly use:Thoroughly mix 2 tablespoons each of raw honey and avocado pulp. Apply it on your hands for at least 30 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this pack once or twice a week.
An overripe banana is rich in essential nutrients like vitamins (A, B and E), iron, magnesium, zinc and potassium, which helps in rejuvenating the skin along with combating wrinkles.
A 2012 study published in the Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry reports that banana works well as an anti-wrinkle treatment.
- For daily use:Mash 1 overripe banana into a thick paste and apply it on your hands. Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
- For weekly use:Mash ½ of a ripe banana. Add a little honey and olive oil, and mix well. Apply this paste on your hands. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water first, then with cold water to lock in moisture. Do this once or twice a week.
Avocados help keep your hands soft and crease-free. Avocados are rich in antioxidants as well as potent anti-aging properties that can reverse wrinkles and keep your hands looking silky-smooth. It also improves the production of collagen which maintains the elasticity and firmness of your skin.
A 2012 study published in the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology journal reports that consuming avocados bolsters cells’ power centers against harmful free radicals.
- For daily use:Use avocado oil to massage your hands every night before going to bed. Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off in the morning.
- For weekly use:Mash 1 ripe avocado with a fork until you have a smooth texture. Add a little honey and mix well. Apply the mixture on your hands and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry. Repeat 2 or 3 times a week.
Aloe vera is also very effective in dealing with wrinkled hands. It contains natural moisturizing properties that help retain moisture in the skin and prevent premature aging signs like wrinkles. Also, the gel contains polysaccharides that stimulate skin regeneration.
READ ALSO: Control Oily Skin With 8 Natural Remedies
- For daily use:Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf and remove the gel. Apply the gel on your hands and massage gently for a few minutes. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
- For weekly use:Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh aloe vera gel, 1 teaspoon of ground oatmeal and ½ teaspoon of olive oil in a bowl. Apply this mixture on your hands. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes, then rub off the paste. Finally, rinse your hands with cold water. Use this remedy once a week.
Castor oil works as a great moisturizer and penetrates deep into the skin, which helps keep your skin smooth and wrinkle-free. Castor oil promotes the production of elastin and collagen, which help delay the appearance of aging signs giving your skin a youthful appearance.
- Gently massage your skin with a few drops of castor oil in circular motions at night before going to sleep. Repeat this daily for best results.
- Mix equal portions of castor oil and coconut oil and massage it into the skin. Wait 20 to 30 minutes, then rinse it off. Repeat daily.
Green tea is rich in flavonoids and polyphenols that contains antioxidant activity, which is considered vital for combating the ageing process.
- For weekly use:Mix 1 tablespoon of ground green tea leaves, 2 to 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt and a little turmeric powder in a bowl. Mix well and apply it on your hands. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Do this once or twice a week.
- For consumption:Drink 2 or 3 cups of green tea daily.
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.