Wart is a small hard growth on your skin caused by a virus. There are different types of warts caused at different places on your body. Apart from being very painful, warts are an unsightly growth on the body. They generally appear on hands and feet but can spread to any parts of your body including the genital areas. So, as soon as they begin to form, you can get rid of warts with oregano oil effectively. You don’t have to go for harsh chemical based medicines.
Can Oregano Oil Remove Warts?
Oregano oil can remove warts. It has been used for centuries in removing warts. Oregano oil is extracted from leaves and flowers of a perennial herb oregano (origanum vulgare) from the mint family.
Oregano oil is antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal. Its main active compounds are thymol, carvacrol and terpenes. Carvacrol is the most powerful compound that carries the maximum health benefits. Oregano oil works for almost all kinds of warts.
READ ALSO: How to Get Rid of Dark Spots using Potato
Researchers have discovered that oregano oil is effective in the fight against tough MRSA infection (1).
Wart is caused by direct contact with human papillomavirus (HPV) which has more than 100 different varieties. Warts are contagious. They can be formed on your body when your immunity is low.
There are many types of warts including flat warts, pigmented warts and planters warts. Oregano oil works well in most cases irrespective of the type of wart.
How to Use Oregano Oil for Warts
Since warts are contagious it is better to treat them instead of leaving them on your body to die out, which may take very long. Most warts take very to completely disappear from the body, with some taking 1-5 years’ time frame without any treatment to disappear. Fortunately, you have to wait that long with all those unpleasant bumps it on your body.
Home remedies like oregano oil help to get rid of them in a few week. Oregano essential oil us generally strong and can sting. If you can’t handle the discomfort, dilute it with a carrier oil like jojoba oil it coconut oil.
Since warts are hard, you can try direct undiluted oil or start diluted oregano oil first and then gradually reduce dilution within the next few days. We need strong concentration so try with 1:4 ratio of oregano oil and carrier oil.
- Oregano oil Alone
- Clean the wart and skin around it with antiseptic
- Apply diluted oregano oil on warts with the help of a cotton ball or q-tip
- Repeat 3-4 times a day
Gradually reduce the dilution by reducing carrier oil.
- Garlic Juice and Oregano Oil
- Crush a clove of garlic and extract its juice by squeezing.
- Add 5 drops of oregano oil and 20 drops of jojoba oil and mix well. This is sufficient for 4 applications on a single wart for the day.
- clean the wart and skin with antiseptic
- Apply the mixture with qtip
- Repeat 4 times a day.
- Oregano Oil and Duct Tape
- Clean the wart and surrounding skin with antiseptic
- Apply diluted oregano oil by qtip
- Cover the Wart and surrounding skin with duct tape to make it airtight
- Open it after a week and clean with antiseptic
- Soak the wart in water for few minutes
- rub with pumice stone or emery board
- Leave it open for a day
- Repeat the cycle for 2 -3 months
Other Benefits of Oregano Oil
In addition to removing warts oregano oil is also useful for many other conditions
- Reduces skin irritation, rashes, and inflammation
- Helps to get rid of flu, cough, and cold
- Treats gastric ulcers
- Treats toenail fungus
- Relieves symptoms of allergy
- Helps in weight loss
Tips and Precautions
Oregano oil is generally safe for use on your skin. In most cases you may require it to dilute with a carrier oil like jojoba, olive and coconut oil or with water.
- Don’t ingest if you get stomach upset. Most adults may find it easy to ingest but some may have stomach cramps.
- Don’t use oregano oil on infants and children
- Don’t consume if you are pregnant because it can lead to miscarriage or premature childbirth.
- Cover the warts with waterproof plaster during swimming to avoid spreading the virus.
- Do not touch your own or other peoples warts
- Avoid sharing towels, shoes, sox and gloves.
- Eat healthy balanced diet to keep your immunity high
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.