It’s possible to make your own ointment for varicose veins out of a combination of garlic and lemon. This ointment is natural and home-made, and it’s also very effective if you use it regularly. This way, you’ll be able to prevent this circulation problem, stop spider veins from deteriorating, and have great legs.
READ ALSO: Home Remedies to Treat Varicose Veins
To treat varicose veins naturally, you should:
- Always eat a balanced diet rich in whole grains, legumes, nuts, fruits and vegetables
- Exercise regularly
- Stop unhealthy habits such as alcohol or smoking
- Avoid remaining in sitting or standing posture for long time.
- Wear clothes and shoes that fit properly.
- Take supplements or medicinal plants that can help improve circulation and venous return
Apart from the tips, you can also complement them with a very simple home-made natural remedy – a garlic and lemon ointment. You can prepare this cheap ointment yourself and use it to completely get rid of varicose veins.
READ ALSO: Varicose Veins: All You Need to Know
We’ll use 5 ingredients to make this garlic and lemon ointment. Each ingredient has highly beneficial health properties for preventing and treating varicose veins:
- Garlic: Garlic is very effective for treating varicose veins, whether eaten or applied externally. This superfood has a powerful vasodilator which improves circulation.
- Lemon: Lemon also helps blood flow as a result of its citric acid content. Also, it’s a powerful anti-oxidant and it helps get rid blemishes on the skin.
- Olive Oil: Olive Oil is the oily base for this ointment. If provides the right texture for the lotion so that you can apply it easily. It’s also used to macerate the garlic. This way, you don’t need to apply the garlic directly. Its mono-unsaturated fats deeply nourish the skinas well as providing elasticity.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera can be used for emulsifying the oil and making it easier to apply. It also provides freshness, protects the skin, and soothes the inflammation.You can either naturally extract the gel from the stem of the plant yourself, or you can buy it. However, it should be as pure as possible.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: This pure essence oil is the most effective when it comes to improving circulation and encouraging good oxygenation of the area you apply it on. Additionally, it also works to improve the smell of the ointment and hide the unpleasant smell of garlic. If you don’t have this oil to hand, you can add fresh rosemary leaves when you grind the garlic in the oil.
Garlic and Lemon Ointment for Varicose Veins
- 10 cloves of garlic
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 glass of olive oil (200 ml)
- ½ glass of aloe vera gel(100 ml)
- 20 drops of rosemary essential oil
How to Prepare it
- Peel the garlic and chop the cloves.
- Extract the juice from the lemon.
- Add both ingredients into a glass jar with the olive oil and shake them properly to mix them.
- Seal the jar tightly so that it’s airtight.
- Leave it in a dark place to cure for 21 days.
- After 3 weeks, pass the liquid through a sieve to remove the garlic. You can throw the garlic away.
- Add the aloe vera gel to the oil and mix them well to get a good ointment texture.
- Apply each night on the varicose veins before going to bed, cover with a bandage or a cloth.