Performing abdominal exercises or any other type of workouts at home can be quite tasking especially if you don’t have the knowledge or motivation to do it. However, combining different abdominal exercises will guarantee a complete workout and an effective routine without the need to go to the gym or use special equipment.
Here are six abdominal exercises that you can perform from the comfort of your home.
6 abdominal exercises that you’ll enjoy doing at home
This is perhaps one of the best and most common exercises to perform on your abs. You can just maintain proper posture without needing to do repetitions. This exercise is a challenge, since you need to put up with the most and put your resistance to the test.
How to do the plank:
- Put your legs in an extended position while placing yourself in a push-up position
- Rest your elbows on the floor and keeping them at the same height as your shoulders.
- Tighten your abdomen and holding it tight.The longer you hold on, the better.
- This exercise can be complemented with push-ups if you’d like.
This workout involves almost all the muscles of your body and can be incorporated in your cardiovascular exercise routines because it increases the number of heart beats per minute.
READ ALSO: Six Most Effective Workouts
How to do the climber:
- Place yourself in a position to do a flexion when you start.
- Join your hands under your shoulders, keeping your body straight.
- Squeeze your abs tightly and move with your knees forward.
- Repeat the procedure from the initial position but with the other knee.With this exercise, you’ll notice a big difference and your body will appreciate it.
- Spider push-ups
This consists of pushing up, then touch your elbow with your knee at the same time. It’s really useful in open spaces and allows you to develop the muscles of your abdomen.
- Scissor arches
How to do scissor aches:
- Lie on your back and place your hands on the floor.
- Place your hands under your buttocks then begin to raise one leg without separating your arms.
- Next, lift both legs and suspend them in the air for a few minutes.
The objective of this exercise is to create a right angle between the two legs. It’s vital that you don’t bend your knees and keep your legs suspended in the air.
Hold the position for a few seconds in the air. Then, try to perform between 25 and 30 repetitions each time.
To perform this exercise:
- Lie down on the floor facing the ceiling. Keep your feet close together and stretch our arms, without any flexion.
- Turn your torso as far as you can to the right. Then, hold for a few seconds.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- You must repeat the exercise two and three times.
The aim of frog kicking exercise is to work the middle and upper part of the abdomen.
How to do frog kicks:
Support yourself with your buttocks and hands on the floor.
- Then with your knees bent, lift your legs.
- Next, move your legs back and forth.
- You should feel the pressure in your abdominal wall to prove you are doing it right.
- Do 10 to 20 repetitions.