The natural products are becoming more popular, especially for cleaning, farming and personal care.
Most people have stopped using chemical or industrialized products for their beauty needs as natural products have gained top popularity. Natural products are affordable, easy to prepare at home, and are without side effects.
Hair care products at stores may sound, may promise a whole lots of wonders, but so can your home-made shampoo using natural products, which are just as good or even better for your hair.
Home-made shampoo can help give your hair a perfect shine, make hair stronger and prevent your hair from falling out.
4 Natural shampoos that you can make at home
Aloe vera shampoo
Aloe vera will help you make a rich shampoo. It might look different, but it has all the benefits that come from aloe vera, which is very good for you.
- 1 rosemary spring.
- 1 aloe vera leaf.
- 1/2 kg of glycerinsoap base.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 150 mL of mineral or filtered water.
- 2 tablespoons of almond extract.
How to prepare:
- Mix the aloe vera and rosemary together in a blender. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water until it looks like a gel.
- Move the mixture to a double boiler.
- Finely chop the glycerin soap and add to the double boiler when hot.
- Add the lemon juice and almond extract as well.
- Once melted, pour the mixture into a moldand let harden.
- Cut into rectangles and wrap it in wax paper.
READ ALSO: What Is a Hair Transplant?
Use the shampoo one to three times weekly. Dampen your hair first, then rub the shampoo all over your hair and allow it on for a few minutes. Rinse and dry.
2. Natural chamomile shampoo
- 2 tongue depressors.
- 1 cup of mineral water.
- 4 chamomile tea
- 1/8 teaspoon of olive oil.
- 1/8 teaspoons of cetyl alcohol
- 1 liter of sodium laureth sulfate.
- 5-liter glass bowl.
- 1-liter plastic bottle.
Follow the steps below to make this shampoo:
- Boil the water in a saucepan and add the tea bags. Cover, turn off the heat and let it cool for five minutes.
- Give the tea bags a squeeze and remove. Add the cetyl alcohol and cook over low-heat until the alcohol disappears.
- In the glass bowl, pour in the sodium laureth sulfate and gradually add the tea-alcohol mixture. Stir slowly with a tongue depressor.
- Add the rest of the sodium sulfate and, once completely incorporated, use a funnel to move the mixture to the plastic bottle.
Natural raspberry leaf shampoo
Raspberry leaves remove excess oil from hair, leaving hair nice and soft.
READ ALSO: How to Use Castor Oil for Hair Growth
- Fresh raspberry leaves
- Liquid Castile soap
- Olive oil
How to prepare:
- Put 1/4 cup of the fresh leaves into a glass jar
- Boil a cup of water and pour it into the jar
- Cover and leave it for 20 minutes
- Place a coffee filter in a strainer
- Mix two tablespoons of the Castile soap with a teaspoon of olive oil
- Add 2 or 3 drops of any essential oil
- Pour the shampoo mixture into a plastic bottle using a funnel
Natural rosemary shampoo
Rosemary is especially best for dark hair. It gives hair a nice color and shine.
- Rosemary springs.
- Soapwort root powder.
- Essential rosemary oil.
How to prepare:
- Mix the water, rosemary springs and soapwort root powder together in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, while stirring it.
- Once ready, lower the heat and cover for 15 minutes. The rosemary will infuse its aroma and properties with the water.
- Turn off the heat after 15 minutes and remove the saucepan from the stove. Allow it cool for an hour.
- Strain the resulting liquidand add the essential rosemary oil.
- Pour into a bowl or container of your choice for later use.
Use this shampoo within the first 10 days after preparation, before it goes bad. Making it is quite easy, so It’s you can repeat the process every week to always have a fresh, homemade product.