Hair is one of the most noticeable beauty of a woman. However, most women are faced with the issue of hair loss which can be quite frustrating. So, a woman suffering from hair thinning or hair fall has many options to help regrow her hair.
Causes and Symptoms of Female Hair Loss
A person can lose about 100 hair on daily basis without experiencing hair thinning. This is normal as some hair complete their normal cycle and others begin a new cycle so balance is maintained. However, when excessive hair loss happens, it can lead to baldness.
However, there are a number of causes of hair loss or thinning in women including hereditary which is one of the most common.
Most Common Causes of Hair Loss in Women
- Genetics– Hereditary is one of the most common causes of hair thinning in women. It is called Female pattern baldness in women.
- Hormonal Changes– when a woman gets pregnant, menopause or thyroid problems, she undergoes hormonal changes which can affect her hair.
- Stress– Both emotional and physical stress can cause unexpected hair fall.
- Medication– Hair can fall but the use of arthritis, cancer, depression and other medications.
- Hair Treatments– Harsh chemicals used in hair treatment can also lead to hair loss.
Main Symptoms of Hair Loss in Women
- Sudden Hair Fall– Both physical and emotional stresses can cause leading to overall hair thing. No bald patches here.
- General Thinning Hair– this is the most common type of hair thinning in women.
- Hair fall in Patches– This is generally caused by ringworms.
Whole body hair loss – Cancer treatments generally cause such type of hair loss in the entire body.
READ ALSO: What Is a Hair Transplant?
How to stop hair thinning in women
Sometimes the most important can be the biggest solutions. If you are facing hair thinning problems and do not know what to do then take following precautions. It will have thinning of hair as well as stop hair fall.
- Loosen up your hair– Holding up your hair in ponytail all the time can cause your hair to fall. Also, excessive blow-dying and wearing hair extensions cause a lot of strain on your hair follicles.
- Take Vitamins– Endeavour to get some sunshine and supplements because Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause slow hair growth as well as worsen hair thinning.
- Maintain Iron Levels– iron deficiency also causes anemia and hair fall. Eat foods rich in iron and iron supplements.
- Eat Proteins– Protein rich diet is one of the most common causes of hair loss.
- Reduce Stress– Physical or emotional stress can cause hair fall. Do deep breathing and yoga.
- Lead Healthy Lifestyle– Eat well, exercise regularly, sleep well and enough and enjoy life.
Hair Loss Treatment Options
Minoxidil, an antihypertensive validator medication approved by FDI to treat hair loss, treats androgenic alopecia in both men and women. Minoxidil extends the hair growth period by giving it longer time for hair to grow to reach its full density. As a result hair thinning is reduced.
READ ALSO: How to Use Castor Oil for Hair Growth
It takes about 3-6 months before any positive results can be seen. Minoxidil is available as a generic medicine over the counter.
The other more permanent option is to go for hair transplant surgery. Hair follicles from other dense area are taken and transplanted into the affected area. This method has become very popular and lots of cine stars are using it to continue to look younger.
Home Remedies for Hair Loss in Females
Most cases of hair fall in women may not be caused by any underlying health conditions. If this is the case, then following re-growth strategies should produce positive results.
- Wash your hair gently
Frequent washing of hair can lead to hair loss. Use gentle shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair every other day. Ensure you condition your hair after washing hair with shampoo. Allow your hair to dry before combing. If you have to use hair dryer then don’t apply heat.
- Brush your hair gently
Ensure you brush your hair gently after drying. Vigorous brushing mounts lots of pressure on hair follicles.
- Avoid treating hair with chemical
Avoid applying any kind of chemicals on your scalp to help faster regrowth. If you to do, then apply it thinly.
- Have sun protection
Protect your hair and scalp from sun. Wear a hat and apply sunscreen when you go out in the sun. Ultraviolet Rays of sun can damage your hair.
- Massage your scalp
Massaging your scalp with coconut oil helps stimulates blood flow and increases nutrient absorption. It strengthens hair roots.