Doing facials in salons can be quite expensive. Also there’s the risk of your beautician using appliances and devices that haven’t been sterilized properly. This can cause skin problems like acne and infection. Regular facials are necessary for your skin to boost circulation, to ensure proper cleansing and moisturizing all of which will ensure your skin remains healthy.
READ ALSO: Coffee Face Masks for Skin Tightening
A proper facial basically includes all the regular beauty rituals in one session with amazing benefits. You can do facials using some ingredients you’re your kitchen, though it may take time and patience. Here is a step-by-step procedure to do facial at home.
1. Prepare and keep a face mask ready. You could try different face masks for different skin types.
- Thoroughly remove any traces of makeup and cleanse your face. This isn’t different from regular cleansing you carry out every day. You can use warm water and a mild cleanser. The warm water will open up pores on your skin.
- The next thing to do after cleansing is to exfoliate. Exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells and reveal fresh new skin. Get rid of dirt in your pores and to remove blackheads and whiteheads. Ensure that you are using a gentle exfoliator. Avoid scrubbing it too hard to avoid injuries to your skin which can also lead to pigmentation later.
- The next step is to steam. You can use a facial steamer. Alternatively, you can boil some water in a vessel, keep it on a table and put your face over it so the steam reaches your face. Close your eyes and cover your head with a towel so the steam doesn’t escape. Allow it for 10-15 minutes. You can take a 30 second break in between.
- After the steaming session, your pore will open up and it will be easy for you to spot blackheads. Dab your face gently and check for blackheads. Press them lightly and use a microfibre towel to take them out.
- Lastly, apply your face mask all over your face and neck while massaging gently. Keep this mask on for 15-30 minutes and rinse off with warm water.