Using the extreme heat from a flat iron to straighten your hair will weaken your hair, causing it to break. There are better ways to keep your hair smooth, silky, and healthy without subjecting it to very temperatures. You can go for some natural alternatives to straightening it.
READ ALSO: Hair Loss Treatment for Women
How to Straighten Your Hair Naturally
Apple cider vinegar and water
Apart from detoxifying your body and assisting the digestive process, you can use apple cider vinegar to straighten your hair without a hair iron. This ingredient balances the natural pH levels of your hair, combating dandruff, and making your hair grow silky, strong, and healthy.
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
How to prepare
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar in a cup of water.
- Apply it all over your scalp after washing your hair with shampoo.
- Allow it air
Oatmeal and aloe vera
Oatmeal is perfect for nourishing, moisturizing, and strengthening hair. It contains lots of proteins, minerals, trace elements, and vitamins that are essential for hair. Aloe vera contains lots of nutrients that stimulate hair growth and also make it a superb conditioner. The combination of oatmeal and aloe vera helps smooth your hair without a hair iron.
- 1 aloe vera leaf
- 2 tablespoons of ground oats (30 g)
How to use
- Remove the pulp of the aloe vera leaf and add two tablespoons of oatmeal to form a paste.
- Work it through your hair massage scalp with it.
- Allow it on for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cold water.
Rice flour and egg
Eggs are present in hair masks because they keep hair healthy, strong, and silky. Eggs combined with rice flour, is very effective for eliminating excess sebum, smoothing hair, removing frizz, and checking breakage.
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons of rice flour (45 g)
How to use
- Add the tablespoons of rice flour to the egg white and mix.
- Work the mixture through your hair.
- Comb your hair and leave in for an hour.
- Shampoo your hair and rinse well with cold water.
Jasmine and olive oil
Olive oil is an ideal ingredient to apply on your hair. This remedy moisturizes and causes your hair to be shiny. It helps prevent hair loss and split ends. Jasmine oil on its part contains straightening properties. The combination of these two ingredients will make your hair healthier and smoother.
- 2 tablespoons of a natural conditioner(30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 5 or 6 drops of jasmine oil
How to use
- Mix the conditioner, the olive oil, and the jasmine oil drops.
- Work it through your hair
- Washing it with shampoo before applying conditioner.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then rinse with water.
Image source: teen.co.id
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.