Frequent urination especially at night is a major sign of prostatitis or enlarged prostate. Enlarged prostate could be a symptom of a more serious causal condition. There are several natural home remedies that can be used to cure enlarged prostate.
READ ALSO: Natural Ways to Prevent Prostate Cancer
If the condition persists after these remedies, endeavor to consult your doctor for treatment.
10 Home Remedies for Enlarged Prostate
A sitz bath helps stimulate healing by reducing inflammation and relaxing the pelvic muscles. Adding Epsom salt introduces the anti-inflammatory properties of magnesium into the mixture.
To use sitz bath to relieve enlarged prostate:
- Fill your bathtub with warm water and dissolve in it ½ cup of Epsom salt. You can use any large container that can permit you to comfortable sit inside.
- Sit in the tub with the water up to your waist for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process a couple of times a day until symptoms improve.
READ ALSO: Prostatitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains active compounds which helps to ease inflammation and prevent added complications like UTIs.
To use apple cider vinegar:
- Pour 1 to 2 Tbsp of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar into a warm glass of water and stir.
- Add in a bit of honey and drink this solution twice each day.
Tomatoes is rich in lycopene, which are excellent to fight off BPH. Lycopene reduces the production of prostate-specific antigen (PSA), which is usually connected to BPH inflammation. Also, lycopene decreases the pressure on your bladder.
To use tomatoes to ease enlarged prostate:
- Drink freshly extracted tomato juice or homemade vegetable juice.
- Add tomatoes in your salads and source.
- You don’t necessarily have to eat tomatoes raw, cooking them improves the potency of lycopene.
READ ALSO: Risk Factors of Prostate Cancer
Corn silk is a natural diuretic which helps to ease the urinary muscles and lining. There’s an improve flow of urine after this reduction in swelling and relaxation.
How to use corn silk for enlarge prostate includes:
- Pour 4 cups of boiling water in a sauce pan and add the silks of 6 ears of corn.
- Reduce heat and allow the silks to simmer for 10 minutes before straining out the silks and reserving the tea.
- Drink this tea all through the day.
Carrot juice contains lots of anti-inflammatory vitamins and minerals, including lycopene. It also contains antioxidants.
To use carrot juice for enlarged prostate:
- Extract the juice of 2 to 3 carrots. You can equally extract the juice of spinach and beetroot juice.
- Drink this juice on a daily basis.
Turmeric contains an anti-inflammatory compound called curcumin. This compound can reduce an enlarged prostate as well as improve your body’s general inflammatory response. It also contains antioxidant properties to treat and lower the risk of prostate cancer.
To use turmeric:
- Prepare a batch of turmeric paste.
- Add the paste to your favorite foods and drinks on a daily basis for best benefits.
READ ALSO: Foods That Can Lower Estrogen in Men
Basil contains both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which helps to protect your prostate from cancer and tumors and to reduce inflammation.
To use basil for enlarged prostate:
- Add basil to salads and juice recipes.
- Basil has a minty taste, so you can chew and swallow 2 or 3 leaves a couple of times daily to get its powerful benefits.
- Basil can be added to tomatoes to help shrink an enlarged prostate
Green tea contains tannins which helps to slow down the growth of cancer cells in the prostate. Green tea also prevents excess urination. Brew and drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily for best results. Go for matcha green tea.
Sesame seeds are rich in both zinc and omega-3 fatty acids, which support a healthier well-protected prostate.
To use sesame seeds:
- In a glass of water, soak 1 tbsp of sesame seeds overnight.
- Then the following morning, chew properly and swallow the seeds.
- Instead of using trans-fat to cook, go for sesame oil which is healthier.
READ ALSO: Erectile Dysfunction: 5 Natural Treatments
Pumpkin seeds are another natural diuretic that helps to shrink inflamed prostate because they are rich in zinc and contain omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for prostate health.
To use pumpkin seeds, you can:
- Consume a handful of roasted pumpkin seeds a couple of times daily.
- Crush a handful of fresh seeds in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Remove them from the heat, cover and allow them to steep until the liquid is room temperature.
- Strain and drink this water a couple of times per week.
Image source: Homenaturalcures.com, youtube.com
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.