Herpes is a very painful and itchy infection, caused by the herpes simplex virus. Herpes are small, red, fluid-filled blisters or sores near genitals, mouth, eyes, and lips. It affects both men and women. However, there are some easy and quick natural ways to treat herpes at home.
READ ALSO: Anal Herpes
Baking soda provides fast relief from the itchy and painful sores. It is an effective treatment for getting rid of herpes.
- Damp a cotton ball in baking soda.
- Apply it directly to the infected area to dry out the oozing blisters.
- Avoid re-dipping the cotton ball in the baking soda to avoid contamination.
Lemon balm contains flavonoids, phenolic acid, and rosmarinic acid, which helps in healing the painful sores or blisters. It is available in the form of ointments and creams which can be applied topically to heal the herpes.
- Prepare a lemon balm tea and allow it to steep for some time.
- Soak a cotton ball in it and apply on the sores.
- Also, you can add 2-3 ml of lemon balm tincture in water.
- Stir it well and drink. This alcohol-based liquid extract is effective for sores.
- Drink the solution three times a day.
READ ALSO: Pregnancy and Genital Herpes
Olive oil is rich in anti-oxidants and is one of the best home remedies for herpes sores. It helps in moisturizing the skin.
- Pour one cup of olive oil in a pot and heat it. Then add some lavender oil and bee wax in it.
- Allow the mixture to cool down.
- After cooling, apply the mixture on the infected area.
Cornstarch helps in absorbing excessive moisture from the skin, thereby reducing chafing and itching.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the cornstarch and dab it gently on the sores.
- Prevent contamination by not using the cotton ball again in the clean cornstarch.
READ ALSO: Genital Herpes: Types, Symptoms & Treatment
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is another best remedy because of its natural healing properties, and it’s used for a vast array of health issues. It can be effective for herpes blisters.
- Apply aloe vera gel directly on the sores to soothe the itching and inflammation.
- Alternatively, take a fresh leaf of aloe vera and cut it into two halves.
- Squeeze the gel and apply it directly on the infected area.
Taking an Epsom salt bath is another potent remedy to soothe the itching and pain caused by herpes. This remedy reduces itching by making the sores dry.
How to use:
- Add some Epsom salt in warm bathing water and bath with it.
- Alternatively, add some salt in the bathtub and soak herpes infected area in the water.
- Allow it to dry and then, take a shower.
Black coffee is one of the best remedies to treat herpes on lips and mouth. Blisters in the mouth cause severe pain.
- Prepare black coffee and allow it to cool down
- Take a sip and hold it in the mouth for some time.
- Move it to the lips as well.
- Repeat twice a day for best results.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is yet another effective remedy for treating herpes.
- Add few drops of tea tree oil in a glass of water.
- Gargle to remove ulcers from the mouth.
- For genital herpes, use an eye-dropper to put drops on the infected area.
Licorice roots are also helpful for the treatment of herpes infection. Licorice has glycyrrhizic acid, which fights against the herpes virus. However, using this remedy excessively may cause hypertension. Licorice roots should be avoided by pregnant women and people with heart problems. Take 2 capsules of the extracts of the roots of licorice.
READ ALSO: 5 STIs That Cannot Be Prevented By Condoms
Echinacea is a medicinal plant that contains anti-viral properties. It increases the performance of the immune system. All parts of Echinacea plant, like leaves, flowers, and roots can be used for healing herpes. You can consume echinacea as tea, juices, or pills.
Image source: Medicalnewstoday.com, youtube.com
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.