Rashes on the face can be very embarrassing, especially when it arrives at a time that you need to attend an important social function. A rash may not be an health risk, but it could be a symptom of a more severe underlying health condition that requires proper medical attention.
You can get rid of facial rashes with these effective 7 home remedies. However, these remedies aren’t wide-ranging cures. Consult your doctor if your rash persists or becomes chronic after medical attention.
Aloe vera contains soothing properties that makes it a perfect home remedy for facial rash. Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial and emollient properties and compounds that helps to eliminate rashes on face. It also fights off infection and helps retain moisture in the area if it becomes dry.
- Scrape out the gel from a fresh aloe vera shoot after slicing it open
- Apply the gel directly to the affected area and allow it to set for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off the area and repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times until the rash disappears.
READ ALSO: 10 Effective Herbs for Vaginal Dryness
Baking soda contains anti-inflammatory and astringent properties that helps to draw the toxins out of your skin.
To use baking soda for facial rash:
- Form a paste using 1 to 2 tbsp of baking powder and just a little bit of water, coconut oil or olive oil.
- Apply this paste to the affected areas and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off and apply moisturizers.
- This remedy can be repeated daily as well.
READ ALSO: How to use Baking Soda for Skin Whitening
Oatmeal is yet another potent home remedies for rashes on face. Apart from its soothing anti-inflammatory properties, oatmeal also contains vitamins and minerals that support healthy skin tissue.
- Blend ¼ cup of oatmeal in a coffee grinder or food processor to powdery form.
- Mix water into this powder to form a thick paste.
- Apply the oatmeal paste to the affected areas and allow it to harden for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off, pat your skin dry and add moisturizer.
- You can repeat this process daily until rashes disappears.
Apple Cider Vinegar
When using apple cider vinegar to eliminate facial rashes, go for the raw, organic ACV contains acetic acid, which fights off skin infections that tend to aggravate or be the cause of the problem. ACV also helps to reduce inflammation and soothe itchy skin.
- Add 1 tbsp of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to 1 tbsp of water.
- Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and use that to apply the solution to the affected areas.
- Rinse off after 5 minutes.
- Repeat twice daily for best result.
Bentonite clay is perfect for reducing inflammation, drawing out toxins, and boosting immunity. It provides necessary nutrients for restoring and rejuvenating skin, making it potent for facial rashes.
READ ALSO: How to Get Rid of Amoxicillin Rashes
To use bentonite clay:
- Form a bentonite clay by adding 1 tbsp of the clay to a little water.
- Apply the paste over the affected area and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the clay, pat dry and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat daily to get rid of rashes fast.
Onion contains active compound called quercetin, which has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. The juice from onion help soothe the burning and itch caused by rashes.
To use onion juice for eliminating facial rash:
- Select a medium white onion and extract the juice.
- Depending on the volume of juice, dilute this juice with 1 to 2 tsp of olive oil,.
- Apply the solution to the affected areas using a cosmetic pad or cotton ball.
- Allow it to absorb for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- This remedy can be repeated a couple of times daily.
Also among the top home remedies for rashes on face is cocoa butter. Cocoa contains cocoa mass polyphenols with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that promote the rejuvenation and growth of healthy skin tissue, helping to eliminate degenerated skin and keeping the area moist.
To use cocoa butter to get rid of rashes on the face:
- Get cold pressed cocoa butter without alcohol or added fragrances.
- Apply this butter to the affected area and allow it to absorb on its own.
Photo source: youtube
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.