Alopecia is an abnormal hair loss which occurs when a person loses more than 100 hairs in just one day. Alopecia affects both men and women emotionally, leading to low self-esteem both at work and personal life.
READ ALSO: 7 Effective Home Remedies for Hair Loss
Different factors can cause alopecia in both men and women. People suffering from alopecia usually lose the hair on their heads, but it can also affect:
- Genital area
The Causes of Alopecia
Here are some of the causes of alopecia:
- Poor or bad diet
- Endocrine diseases such as hypothyroidism
- Genetic factors
- Anemia or iron deficiency
- Infectious diseases
- Drug interactions (especially certain chemotherapy drugs, and drugs used to treat hypervitaminosis A).
READ ALSO: Hair Loss Treatment for Women
Symptoms of Alopecia
The pattern of hair loss in men is different from that of women. In men, there’s usually hairline and crown loss. Some less common forms of alopecia can cause itching or pain in the scalp.
- A person may notice lots of hairs on your pillow after waking up in the morning.
- Lots of hair loss every time you wash your hair, this may be a sign of alopecia. Hair loss when brushing or combing.
- Excessive dandruff or sebum.
Some useful prevention tips are:
- Avoid smoking
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and diet rich in iron, antioxidants, fatty acids, and vitamins A, B, C, and E. This will help strengthen your hair and energize your hair follicles.
- Avoid excess exposure to sun
- Drink a lot of water.
It is best to seek early medical intervention once you notice alopecia symptoms.
Natural Remedies for Treating Alopecia
Apple cider vinegar
The use of vinegar is guaranteed to help combat hair loss caused by excess sebum. It will also help stimulate its circulation.
- Get 1 cup of apple cider vinegar (250 ml)
- Work the apple cider vinegar through your hair and massage your scalp gently.
- Wash your hair with warm water after 45 minutes
- Repeat twice or thrice weekly for best results.
Carrot juice and coconut milk
Carrots contain vitamin B6, B12, and antioxidants which helps to fortify hair and keep it healthy. Coconut milk contains trace elements, vitamins, amino acids, and minerals. Combination of these items will help keep your hair healthy and strong.
- Place 2 carrots and 1 cup of coconut milk (250ml) in the blender and blend them for about 3 or 4 minutes until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Work the mixture through your hair, leave on for 30 minutes,and then rinse off with cold water.
Image source: pigmentalia.com
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.