Red onions contain sulphur compounds which can effectively help to get rid of intestinal worms when mixed with other ingredients.
READ ALSO: Home Remedies to Treat Tapeworms in Humans
Intestinal worms refer to a specific stomach condition or infection caused by a parasite, commonly called Enterobius vermicularis. It’s also known as the pinworm. Pinworm infection can mostly be caused by consuming contaminated food.
Symptoms of Intestinal Worms
The most common symptoms for people infected with intestinal worms are:
- Swollen belly
- Constant abdominal pain
- Diarrhea followed by constipation
- Constant unexplained tiredness
- Itchy in the perineum area
- Extreme appetite changes
- Dark stool
- White spots in stool
Here are some red onion recipes that you can use to completely eliminate intestinal worms.
5 Remedies to Treat Intestinal Worms Using Red Onion
Papaya, Ruta, and Onion Juice
Ruta contains properties that are effective for treating intestinal worms. Papaya contains flavonoids which hasten the parasite-killing process. When combined with the red onion, the result is a potent remedy against intestinal worms.
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon of papaya seeds (7 g)
- 1 tablespoon of dry Ruta leaves (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Chop the onion into tiny bits
- Cut the papaya in half and remove the seeds
- Boil the ingredients in a pan
- Strain the mixture and drink warm, throughout the day.
READ ALSO: 10 Health Benefits of Avocado
Onion, Garlic, and Avocado Salad
Red onion contains sulphur compounds and flavonoids which helps to remove various harmful agents from the body. Red onion combined with the garlic and the avocado make a powerful remedy to treat intestinal worms.
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 3 garlic bulbs
- Nuts (to taste)
- 10 squash or pumpkin seeds
- Wash the onion and chop it.
- Open the avocado and chop it as you desire
- Crush 2 or 3 bulbs of garlic
- Toast the pumpkin or squash seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients together and add nuts to taste.
Wormwood and Onion Tea
Wormwood contains anti-parasitic properties which can be very effective in eliminating intestinal worms when combined with the sulphur compounds and flavonoids of red onion.
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 4 cups of water (1 litre)
- 2 tablespoons of wormwood (30 g)
- Chop the red onion to fine bits.
- Using pan, boil in the water.
- Add the wormwood to the boiling water and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Strain and drink hot thrice
READ ALSO: 7 Home Remedies for Rashes on Face
Red onion juice is very powerful for accelerating the expulsion of intestinal worms.
- 6 red onions
- water (as necessary)
- Chop the onions and put them in a bowl, completely cover with water.
- Leave them soaked in the water overnight.
- Drink a cup of onion water on an empty stomach.
- Repeat this for one week.
Milk Scented With Mint and Onion
You can also use milk scented with peppermint leaves and red onion to treat intestinal worms.
- 4 stems and 10 peppermint leaves
- 1/2 glass of skimmed milk (100 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- 1 red onion
- Pour the milk and put the peppermint into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Then, mix the onion with the mint and milk mixture.
- Add the honey.
- Drink warm, one hour before breakfast.
- Repeat this procedure for 7 days.
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.