Hemorrhoids commonly known as “piles”, occurs when the veins in your rectum or inside anus opening gets inflamed due to the applied pressure. Consuming spicy foods can cause hemorrhoid to grow big. Hemorrhoid treatments may include the use of ointments, cream, taking natural suppository and making some dietary changes.
There are two types of hemorrhoids:
- internal hemorrhoid
- external hemorrhoid
Its name is basically defined by the location of hemorrhoids. When the veins inside your rectum is affected it can cause acute pain while sitting, walking and even using bathroom.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids
- Pain when stooling
- Irritation around anal opening
- Bleeding from rectum
- Anal itching
External hemorrhoids are easily identified and treated using creams and ointments. Aloe vera is an old herbal plant which contains various medicinal values helpful in getting rid of hemorrhoids naturally.
READ ALSO: Anal cancer: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Drink Aloe Vera Juice
One of the major problems people encounter when having internal piles is bleeding rectum. Aloe vera has nerve calming properties which is beneficial for regulating blood circulation. Drinking its juice can help you stop bleeding and provide relief from pain and inflammation caused by hemorrhoids.
How to prepare aloe vera juice
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 1 glass of chilled water
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- Mix all the ingredients in chilled water.
- Stir it well to make sure all of the elements are dissolved properly.
- Drink one glass 20 minutes after taking breakfast.
- Drink another glass of aloe vera juice before going to sleep.
Pure Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel helps soothe skin irritation. It contains anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties which helps soothe symptoms of hemorrhoids. You can cure hemorrhoids by applying aloe vera gel topically. Also, the antiseptic properties of aloe vera also makes it potent for treating anal warts and rectum itching.
How to use aloe vera gel:
- Pluck one leaf and soak it inside cold water for 30 minutes.
- Slice it open and extract all the gel.
- Apply it gently on your external hemorrhoids to calm down itching and pain.
- Cover it with a cotton swab and apply duct tape.
- Keep it on for 1 hour then rinse your anal area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2-3 times in a day until your condition improves.
Aloe Vera And Honey
Honey contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties which helps for chronic wound management and combating infection. It also contains nerve calming properties which soothes pain, irritation, and itching.
How to use:
- Take 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel and mix 1 tbsp of unfiltered organic honey.
- Allow them fuse together for 10 minutes.
- Apply it directly on inflamed nerves and around your anus.
- Keep it on for several hours before rinsing it with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, mix this mixture in one glass of lukewarm water and rinse your rectum and anus area.
- Wash them two times in a day with this solution to fight back infection.
- Repeat for several days to get rid of hemorrhoids.
Aloe Vera and Olive Oil
Olive oil is high in vitamin E, which makes it a potent remedy when combined with aloe vera to treat hemorrhoids. Using this combination will provide relief from inflammation, pain and irritation cause by hemorrhoids. The mild anesthetic properties of olive works by temporarily numbing the area. This help in speeding up the healing process and alleviate pain.
How to use olive oil and aloe vera for hemorrhoids:
- In half cup of semi-frozen aloe vera gel mix 2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Whisk it for 2-3 minutes so that the oil is properly mixed.
- Apply it directly on affected area.
- Seal it with a duct tape and keep it on for 20 minutes.
- Then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Use this remedy once in a day for several weeks.
READ ALSO: 10 Home Remedies to Treat Herpes
Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera for Hemorrhoids
Aloe vera and witch hazel helps to treat minor pain, itching, swelling, and discomfort caused by hemorrhoids. Witch hazel contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which can provide relief from pain caused due to hemorrhoids.
How to use:
- In one cup of boiling water add 1 tablespoon of dried witch hazel leaves.
- Allow it to steep for 5 minutes the strain and collect the water and leaves separately.
- Wash your anal area with this witch hazel solution.
- Crush these boiled leaves and mix 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel.
- Use this herbal cream for hemorrhoids two times in a day.
- Repeat it for 1 week to soothe itching and alleviate pain.
Image source: Healthieyou.com
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.