High cholesterol is one of the major causes of cardiovascular problems. Therefore, it is imperative to keep your cholesterol levels under control. Cholesterol is a substance that is found in all the cells of the body. It is produced by the liver and is similar to fat. Cholesterol is essential for your body to function effectively.
However, excess cholesterol can be very damaging to your health because it surges the risk of cardiovascular problems.
Cardiovascular diseases kill more than 17 million people globally every year, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO). This is partly due to not receiving adequate treatment.
To prevent cardiovascular problems, you need to eat a balanced diet and control your levels of cholesterol with the right medication. Most people now opt for the natural remedies for keeping high cholesterol level in check. It comes with no side effects and it’s always cheaper.
Symptoms of High Cholesterol
Most people tend to ignore their level of high cholesterol. To know if your cholesterol level is normal or not, observe the following signs and symptoms:
- Bloating or indigestion
- Inflammation of the limbs
- Bad breathe
- Blurred vision
- Weakness and fatigue
- Chest pains
Consult your doctor immediately if you notice any of these signs and symptoms. You may be asked for sample of your blood to check for high cholesterol. Normal levels of this lipid in the blood depend on age and gender.
Remedy For High Cholesterol Using Ginger, Garlic, and Honey
Using ginger, garlic and honey for high cholesterol will help regulate your blood cholesterol levels quickly. This remedy is cheap and easy to prepare. It helps to clean your arteries, thereby reducing the risk of cardiovascular problems.
The ingredients contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which helps with conditions like arthritis, indigestion, asthma, and hypertension.
Health Benefits of Garlic, Ginger and Honey
- Garlic: This ingredient contains antioxidant, anticoagulant, and anti-inflammatory properties which helps to improves blood flow and cardiac health.
- Ginger: This root prevents prevents the liver from synthesizing bad cholesterol (LDL). It also contains antioxidant properties.
- Honey: Thisreduces levels of triglycerides and bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases levels of good cholesterol (HDL). It has antioxidant properties which can prevent certain diseases. It’s also a great healthy substitute for sugar.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 centimeters of ginger root
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice (125 ml)
- 8 cups of water (2 litres)
- 1 cup of honey (336 g)
- 1 gallon of water
- Peel the cloves of garlic and ginger
- Put them in a food processor and blend.
- Blend until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the lemon juice along with the water.
- Strain the drink if necessary and pour it into a glass bottle or jar.
- Add honey and store for at least 5 days in a cool dark place. You can also keep it in the fridge if you prefer.
How To Use
- Drink this remedy for high cholesterol on an empty stomach or before each meal.
- Don’t drink it for more than two weeks in a row.
- Add a little apple cider vinegar to derive more health benefits.
READ ALSO: 10 Home Remedies for Constipation
Remember, you have to also perfect this remedy by eating good diet and engaging in regular exercise. You have to reduce the amount of saturated fats you consume. Although the liver produces cholesterol, the cholesterol that comes from food is what mostly cause harm to the body.
Also, go for an annual check-up so that your doctor can check your cholesterol levels, triglycerides, and blood sugar levels in order to detect any anomaly and have it treated on time.
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.