What is Alum Stone?
Alum Stone is a potassium-rich mineral extracted from a rock. It is a type of chemical compound, usually a hydrated double sulfate salt of aluminium. Alum stone is one of the biggest and most effective forms alum. The alum stone is a translucent white color that is manufactured after processing potassium alum.
Alum stone contains a lot of medicinal properties with are very beneficial to the body, both internally and externally.
The Properties of Alum Stone
Alum contains antiperspirant properties which makes it a potent natural deodorant. Many health professionals in natural medicine make use of alum for its numerous properties.
Also, alum stone has properties that help with various skin problems such as stretch marks, canker sores, and pimples.
Alum also helps to accelerate the healing process for wounds, especially small ones. All of this is because of the stone’s great astringent abilities.
5 Remedies Using Alum Stone
Alum stone deodorant
Alum stone helps with sweating, making it an effective homemade deodorant that’s very easy to make.
- A bar of alum stone
- 1 teaspoon myrrh powder (5 g)
- 1/2 glass of water (100 ml)
- Wet the alum stone bar in water.
- Add the myrrh powder and apply it to your body.
- It prevents perspiration and keeps you dry for longer
READ ALSO: Home Remedies for Irregular Periods
Alum stone for canker sores
You can eliminate those little uncomfortable cankers or sores in your mouth with alum stone.
- 2 tablespoons of alum stone powder (30 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Dilute two tablespoons of the powdered stone in a cup of water.
- Stir until they combine completely and the water changes color.
- Gargle with this mixture, ensuring it reaches the sore.
Alum crystals for stretch marks
Alum crystals look quite similar to the ground stone, but are much smaller chips. These crystals can be used to reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- A bar of soap
- 1 tablespoon of alum stone crystals (15 g)
- 1/2 cup of moisturizer (125 ml)
- Rub the soap on the area affected by stretch marks.
- Apply the crystals and let it sit for several minutes.
- Remove with soap when you feel it working.
- After the bath, apply moisturizer to prevent irritation.
- Repeat until stretch marks fades.
Alum stone face mask for acne
You can completely eliminate the appearance of pimples on your face by using alum stone as face mask.
- 2 tablespoons of powdered alum (30 g)
- 3 egg whites
- Mix the alum and egg whites in a bowl until it becomes frothy
- Allow it rest.
- Apply the mask on your face and let it sit for an hour.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Repeat until symptoms disappear
READ ALSO: 7 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Cellulite
Purify water with alum stones
Alum stones has been used for decades to purify water and make it drinkable.
- 1/4 teaspoon alum stone powder (1 g)
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- Add the gram of alum stone powder to the water. One gram will purify one liter.
- Stir with the powder for a minute.
- Wait until the water clears and you don’t see so many particles.
- It is then safe to drink.
Image source: ebay.com
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.