There are natural ways you can get rid of plague and tartar deposits from your teeth apart from using mouthwashes and special toothpaste. Learn how to remove tartar naturally below.
READ ALSO: 5 Ways To Whiten Your Teeth Naturally
Tartar forms on a tooth when foods keep building up between your teeth and gums. Tartar consists of mineral salts and waste, which causes the surface of your teeth to become marked with yellow spots. A dentist can help remove tartar, but there effective natural ways to remove tartar.
How to remove tartar naturally
Baking soda and aloe vera
This combination is effective in naturally getting rid of tartar. Also, you can use it up to two times per week after brushing your teeth at night.
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin
- Mix the water and baking soda well in a container.
- Add the aloe vera gel and the essential oil.
- Add the glycerin.
- Shake it until you get a smooth paste; then, store the mixture in a glass container with a lid.
- Use it like toothpaste to brush your teeth on a daily basis.
Baking soda has been used for centuries, thanks to its cleaning and whitening properties.
- You only have to put a little baking soda in a container. Wet your toothbrush with a little water, and cover the brush in baking soda powder.
- Use only a little quantity because baking soda has a salty flavor
- Brush normally.
Homemade anti-tartar toothpaste
You can use this toothpaste to remove tartar naturally and have healthier teeth.
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of stevia powder
- 20 drops of essential oil (of your choice)
- Put the coconut oil, baking soda, and stevia in a container.
- Mix them well and add an essential oil of your choice like lemon, mint, or lavender.
- Mix until you get a smooth paste. Finally, store the mixture in a glass jar.
- Use this every day like you would a conventional toothpaste.
Apart from helping to get rid of plague buildup and tartar from your teeth, hydrogen peroxide also whitens teeth.
- Use a mixture of equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water. Use this mixture to rinse your mouth after brushing. Use this treatment two or three times weekly.
- This helps you prevent the growth of bacteria, and keeps your mouth healthy.
Strawberries and tomatoes
Strawberries and tomatoes both contains vitamin C and by rubbing them on your teeth, you can remove tartar, making your teeth white. Rub these fruits on your teeth and allow to remain on for few minutes before rinsing.
Sesame seeds can also help you get rid of plaque and whitens your teeth. To use sesame seeds:
- Chew a tablespoon of sesame seeds without swallowing them.
- Brush your teeth using the paste you made with the seeds and your saliva.
- Rinse with a lot of warm water.
It’s very important to use your toothbrush correctly to prevent plaque from forming.
- Remember to brush your teeth at least three times per day
- Change your toothbrush every three months.
- Use dental floss and mouthwash to help you to get rid of both bacteria and tartar.
- Avoid eating sugary or starchy foods because the bacteria that live in your mouth thrive on these substances.
- Visit a dentist at least twice a year to have your teeth deep-cleaned and treat cavities.