The types of foods you eat directly affects your blood sugar levels. So, watch what you eat if you don’t want to develop diabetes or if you already have it. High or low blood sugar occurs when the body cannot regulate blood glucose levels properly due to insulin resistance or a lack of insulin.
READ ALSO: Early Warning Signs of High Blood Sugar
Though most diabetics require medical treatment, there are some herbal remedies that can work as a complement to your regular medication for stabilizing blood sugar levels.
Natural Herbs for Stabilizing Blood Sugar Levels
Ginseng is a root that upsurges insulin sensitivityand helps the body to use it more efficiently. Consuming ginseng tea will reduce your blood sugar levels significantly.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 ginseng root
- Wash and slice the ginseng properly before placing it in a teacup.
- Add the boiling water and allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
- You can sweeten it with a little honey or sweetener (optional).
- Drink this only twice a day.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps to cleanse and restore the body. It contains calcium, iron, vitamins A and B, enzymes, potassium, and other minerals which are essential for your body. Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and dilute in a glass of water to help stabilize blood sugar levels. You can prepare your own ACV following these simple steps.
- 10 ripe organic apples
- 2 glasses of water (500 ml)
- Wash, peel, and chop the apples.
- Blend the apple and use water to extract the juice.
- Fill a wide glass bowl up to halfway with the juice.
- Cover it with clingfilm and leave it for 4 to 5 weeks at a temperature between 18 and 20° C so that it ferments.
- Pout the liquid into a clean and wide bowl, cover it with a cloth, and leave it in a warm place for three days.
- Finally, filter the vinegar and keep it in a dark bottle so that it doesn’t spoil.
You can stabilize your blood sugar levels using an aromatic spice called cinnamon. It contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-microbial properties, and improves insulin sensitivity. A cinnamon infusion will help your body respond better to insulin and ease your blood sugar levels.
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Heat the water until it boils and add the stick of cinnamon.
- Leave it on the heat for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and set it aside to cool Remove the stick and serve the infusion.
- You can drink this up to twice a day.
- You can use the same cinnamon stick multiple times because it doesn’t quickly lose its taste or properties.
Mango Leaf Infusion
Mango tree leaves contains medicinal properties which helps cure diarrhea, hypertension, and asthma.Since these leaves can promote insulin production, they can help in stabilizing blood sugar levels. Drinking this infusion on an empty stomach will help regulate your blood sugar levels.
- 10 mango leaves
- 4 cups of water (1 litre)
- Boil the water, then add the mango leaves
- Leave them on the heat for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the infusion to cool.
- Remove the leaves and drink.
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.