There are several strategies to detox using pineapple. Pineapple contain properties that helps you lose weight and feel better. Pineapple contains cleansing and diuretic properties. Those properties promote weight loss and are helpful to the body.
READ ALSO: How to Do a Sugar Detox
This fruit can also help you combat fluid retention and rid your body of toxins because it contains plenty of water and antioxidants.
How to detox with pineapple
The body may find it difficult to get rid of toxin accumulated in the bloodstream due to modern lifestyles and some bad habits.
Pineapple contains high content of minerals, vitamins, and water, which can promote your body’s natural detox. It will enhance system function and eliminate those harmful waste products.
In addition to this, pineapple contains high amounts of a digestive enzyme known as bromelain, which promotes good digestion and nutrient absorption, improving bowel function.
Why detox with pineapple?
Your meal plan will include pineapple into every meal of the day for four days, supplemented with other low-calorie foods that will help improve its effects.
In general, the idea is to combine a maximum of 400 grams of lean animal protein with some vegetables, and, of course, a healthy serving of pineapple.
The pineapple detox is a great way to eliminate any excess fluid in the body and cleanse your liver, kidneys, and pancreas.
However, we caution that you shouldn’t do it very often or for extended periods of time because it’s very low in calories and lacks the nutritional requirements you need to stay in good health.
We recommend that you perform this detox for four days, long enough to lose a few pounds and purify your entire body.
- Breakfast: Eat two slices of organic pineapple. Avoid using the canned pineapple. Combine this with whole grain toast.
- Lunch: Eat two slices of pineapple with 200 grams of grilled tuna.
- Dinner: Eat two slices of pineapple with 200 grams of grilled chicken breast and a lettuce salad with oil and vinegar.
You can prepare a juice with the remaining fruit and drink in between meals.
- Breakfast: Two slices of pineapple with bread and low-fat cheese spread.
- Lunch: Grilled steak, seasoned with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- For dessert, take two slices of pineapple.
- Dinner: Make a light and creamy soup with vegetables like celery,asparagus, and artichokes. Finish with two slices of pineapple
Days 3 and 4
- For the last two days, simply repeat the menus from days 1 and 2.
By strictly adhering to this simple diet, you may lose five to 10 pounds in four days. But if you must repeat the process, let it be after a two-month interval.
Possible risks and side effects
- People with diabetes, hypertension, or kidney problems should avoid this form of detox.
- You may experience strong feelings of hunger, anxiety, general discomfort, and a lack of energy during this pineapple detox.
- Pineapple is acidic, so consuming large quantities can cause appearance of ulcers or sores on tongue and mouth.
- Certain compounds in pineapple can have adverse reactions to some medications, enhancing their side effects.So, endeavor to consult your doctor if you are on drugs, before carrying out this detox.
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.