4 Blood Conditions That Mostly Affects Women

These four blood-related conditions affect more women than men.

  1. Blood clots

High levels of oestrogen and sluggish blood flow can lead to solid globs that develops in the arms or legs, causing swelling or pain. This condition is deadly because a clot may break free and travel to your lungs and get lodged.

READ ALSO: Watching Too Much TV Can Cause Blood Clot

Women with high risks of experiencing blood clots are expectant and new moms and women who are immobile in one spot for hours. Avoid leading a sedentary lifestyle, take a 10-minute walk every two hours.

  1. Anaemia

Women mostly feel exhausted during their periods due to anaemia. When the body loses blood rich in iron during menstrual flow, it can starve the body of oxygen, causing fatigue, dizziness and headaches. Anaemia can lead to a heart attack if left untreated for long.

READ ALSO: What Colour of Your Period Says About Your Health

You can remedy this by taking 18g of iron daily. Foods rich in iron includes lentils, cereal, and spinach. Avoid taking iron supplements unless your doctor prescribed it.

  1. Varicose veins

Adding on excess weight, pregnancy, or long hours of inactivity, can cause blood to pool in veins, leading to purple lines called varicose veins.

You can remedy varicose veins by walking or jogging to boost circulation and strengthen your legs. You can also consult your doctor for laser treatments or injections that can get rid of the veins.

  1. Bruising

Bruising can be caused by minor accidents which can injure blood vessels. These causes blood vessels to spill their contents into nearby tissue. Consult your doctor to rule out a bleeding disorder if marks regularly show up in spots you haven’t accidentally banged up.

Source: Health24.com, health.harvard.edu, belmarrahealth.com

Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *