Aloe vera has been used globally for centuries, both for curative or medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Aloe vera gel is an active ingredient used in creams, thanks to its skin-beautifying properties.
Aloe vera is easy to grow and use. Here are some of the beauty benefits of aloe vera.
Beauty Benefits of Aloe vera
- Aloe vera helps to get rid of dead skin cells, making it great for exfoliation. Using aloe vera leaves your skin feeling fresher and brighter.
- Aloe vera contains polysaccharides which have the ability to renew damaged tissues. It has antimicrobial properties that helps prevent infection, making it great for treating minor cuts and wounds, acne scars and healing cracked skin and burns.
- Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which helps prevent the skin from getting damaged due to the sun and air pollution.
- Aloe vera is very effective in soothing skin affected by sunburn because of its naturally cooling properties. Apply generously on your sunburnt skin after swimming or long exposure to the sun.
- Aloe vera acts as a good moisturizer which helps in keeping the skin soft and smooth. Aloe vera can be used throughout the year, in all the seasons.
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of aloe vera makes it a perfect anti-ageing plant. It helps prevent early signs of ageing.
How to use aloe vera in your skin care routine
- Wash aloe vera plant and slice open
- Using a spoon, scoop out the gel and add it to your face packs or masks.
- You can mix 1 tsp aloe vera gel with 1 tsp turmeric powder and apply evenly on the face and leave for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Regular use will make your complexion brighter and clearer.
- Aloe vera gel can also be applied under your eye area to help remove visible signs of ageing.
- Alternatively, you can apply aloe vera like your regular moisturizer. Massage it inside your skin.
Image source: livinghours.com
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.