Most people with arthritis are unaware that turmeric is a potent root that can help ease pains. Turmeric can either be eaten, taken in drink form or applied topically to ease arthritis symptoms.
READ ALSO: 10 Ways to Use Turmeric for Treating Acne
Turmeric is a popular spice used in Indian cuisine and contains lots of health benefits. Apart from its culinary purpose, turmeric has also been used for thousands of years for healing purposes in India.
Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties which helps for internal and external healing. Arthritis is one such health issue which can be treated with the use of turmeric.
According to many studies, curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric can fight against inflammation and it is helpful in treating joint disorders like arthritis.
Turmeric also has the ability to improve joint health and reduce arthritis pain.
Who Should Use Turmeric?
Turmeric remedy for arthritis pain isn’t meant for everyone. People who should avoid turmeric remedy include:
- People having infertility issues
- People who are allergic to turmeric
- Pregnant or lactating women
- Those with iron deficiency
- Those prone to anti-diabetic medications, gallstones, or kidney disease.
If you don’t fall under the above-mentioned categories, then you can easily use turmeric for healing arthritis pain.
How to Use Turmeric for Arthritis Pain
Following are the best ways to use turmeric for arthritis pain.
Turmeric tea for arthritis pain
Consuming turmeric tea is a great way to alleviate arthritis pain.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric to it.
- You can chose to improve the taste by adding grated ginger and a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Boil it and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger and turmeric will help you to get rid of joint stiffness and swelling.
- Drink twice daily and you will notice the improvement within a week.
Turmeric paste for arthritis pain
You can use turmeric and water to form a thick paste:
- Boil half a cup of water and add a quarter of a cup of turmeric to it.
- Cook in medium heat till it turns into a thick paste.
- Stir continuously so that the mixture does not burn.
- Store this mixture in your refrigerator for a month.
- Apply the paste on the affected areas, leave it on for 15 minutes
- Rinse it off.
- Apply twice daily to see improvement in your joints.
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.