To get and maintain a flawless skin is every woman’s dream. Factors that can hinder this dream from materializing includes;
- Harmful UV rays
- Lack of proper diet
These factors can damage your skin, leaving you with an imbalanced skin tone. Also, many cosmetic products available in the market promises miracles, but contain harmful chemicals and additives that cause additional damage to your skin.
However, the use of natural ingredients are best and safe to use. Natural ingredients like papaya, dried orange peels, honey, milk, yogurt, and a host of others work wonders on the skin by eliminating harmful bacteria, marks, and other blemishes, leaving your skin flawless.
10 Facial Masks For Skin Lightening Naturally
1. Dried Orange Peels and Yogurt
Orange contains skin-whitening properties. This remedy is okay for all skin types. Yogurt helps to improve the brightness of skin because the probiotic bacteria in yogurt have also been found to keep your skin healthy.
- A few orange peels
- 1 tablespoon unflavored yogurt
- Dry the orange peels in the sun for two to three days until they become crisp.
- Grind them till they turn into powder.
- Mix one tablespoon of this powder with the yogurt to form a smooth consistency.
- Clean your face properly and apply the paste to your skin.
- Allow it for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- You can repeat this daily before going to bed.
READ ALSO: Ways Aloe vera Can Benefit Your Skin
Milk, Lemon Juice, And Honey Mask
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Clean your face and apply the paste to your face
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
- You can do this every alternate night before going to bed.
Papaya and Honey Mask
- Mash the papaya pieces to form a smooth and thick paste.
- Add honey to this paste and mix thoroughly
- Apply the paste to your face and keep it on for about 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Rinse again with cold water and pat your skin dry.
This remedy is good for oily and normal skin. Repeat every night before bed.
Gram Flour And Rose Water (Or Yogurt)
Gram flour contains antimicrobial properties that can protect the skin from infection, while rosewater can revitalize and moisturize the skin, leaving it with a glow.
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 2-3 teaspoons rose water or yogurt
- Mix the ingredients till you get a smooth paste. (Use rose water for normal and oily skin and yogurt for dry skin).
- Apply the mask all over your face and allow it remain on for about 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
This skin-whitening remedy is best for all skin types. You can do this thrice a week.
READ ALSO: How to use Baking Soda for Skin Whitening
Tomato, Yogurt, and Oatmeal Mask
Tomato contains a main compound called lycopene, which gives the fruit its red colour. Lycopene has photoprotective properties that can actually protect the skin from early ageing. Tomatoes contains lots of antioxidants, which gives the skin its glow. Lycopene also protects the body from cancer.
Oatmeal has some exfoliating properties.
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon of unflavored yogurt
- 1 teaspoon oatmeal
- Cut the tomato in half and take a teaspoon or two of its juice.
- Take the oatmeal in a bowl, and add the juice and yogurt to it, then combine it properly.
- Apply the mask to cleansed skin and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
This remedy is best for normal, oily, and combination skin. Repeat two to three times weekly.
Baking Soda Scrub
Baking soda helps kill bacteria present on the skin to reveal the glow beneath. Add a few drops of lemon juice for better results.
- 1-2 tablespoons baking soda
How to prepare
- Mix the baking soda in the water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the areas you want to lighten and scrub for five minutes.
- Wash with water. Moisturize the area.
This remedy suits all skin types, however, you should avoid using this if your skin is sensitive. Repeat every day for a week for best results.
Aloe Vera and Rice Flour Scrub
Aloe vera is rich in antioxidants and compounds that helps nourish, heal, and protect the skin. The coarseness of the rice flour will remove all the dead skin cells that have accumulated on the skin.
- Aloe vera leaf
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- Slice open the aloe leaf to expose the gel present inside.
- Dip the gel side of the leaf in the rice flour and rub this gently on your skin in circular motions.
- Scrub gently because applying excess pressure can harm your skin
- Scrub for a few minutes and then rinse with warm water first followed by cool water.
- Pat dry and apply a good moisturizer.
It is best for all skin types. Do this every alternate evening.
Rice Flour And Milk Face Pack
Rice water and rice powder have been used since long by Asian women for softer, lighter, and healthier skin. According to studies, rice contains anti-aging properties and can protect the skin from UV rays.
- ½ cup raw rice
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Grind the raw rice to get a fine powder. Mix this powder with the milk to make a paste.
- Apply this paste onto your skin and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
If you are allergic to milk, use rose water instead. Repeat this two to three times a week.
Potato juice contains vitamin C and antioxidant properties. It is a mild bleaching agent that whitens your skin and also removes dead cells.
- Peel the potato and cut it into inch-sized pieces.
- Rub the pieces of potato on the areas you want to lighten so that the juice is spread onto your skin.
- Allow it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Use a good moisturizer on skin afterwards because potato can be slightly drying for the skin
Alternatively, you can grate the potato, squeeze out the juice, and apply it with the help of a cotton pad.
It is best for all skin types. Repeat this thrice a week.
Citrus and Egg Mask
Lemon and grapefruit contains citric acid which has brightening and cleansing properties. It acts a natural bleaching agent and also tightens the pores. The proteins found in egg white are found to have antibacterial properties which can protect the skin from external infections.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sour cream (should not be fat-free)
- Beat the egg white in a bowl till it is frothy.
- In another bowl, take the sour cream and mix the juices of grapefruit and lemon with it.
- Now add this mixture to the egg white and mix thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
It is best for all skin types. Use thrice a week before going to bed.
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.