Turmeric is mostly in Indian curries to give the meal a bright yellowish-orange hue. However, apart from its culinary use, it is also effective for aesthetic purposes. It works as an effective and natural beauty ingredient.
READ ALSO: 10 Ways to Use Turmeric for Treating Acne
Turmeric spice can be used to treat a lot of skin troubles including healing cracked feet, uneven skin tone, prevent hair fall and even help you get rid of dandruff.
Turmeric for Face
Turmeric is a great ingredient to be used in home-made face packs that can be used to cure a number of skin problems.
1. Cures acne
The anti-bacterial properties of turmeric makes it effective for treating acne. It helps in destroying the acne-causing bacteria and also removes the excess oil from the skin. For this remedy:
- Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric with 2 teaspoons of sandalwood and some milk to make a paste.
- Apply it all over your face and allow to dry.
- Wash off and then repeat few times in a week to see results.
Helps in exfoliation
Turmeric is a great natural exfoliator and helps in removing dead skin cells. To use this remedy, simply:
- Mix 1 tablespoon oatmeal, 1 tablespoon powdered
- masoor dal, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and some milk or rosewater to form a paste.
- This exfoliating face pack will leave your face clean and soft.
Turmeric Powder for Skin
Here are potent ways in which you can use turmeric powder for beautiful and glowing skin.
1. Reduces scars and heals wounds
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which work on your pores and calm the skin. Turmeric helps reduce scarring and promotes fast healing of wounds due to its antiseptic qualities. To use turmeric for this purpose:
- Mix a pinch of turmeric with 1 teaspoon of besan or gram flour.
- Apply it on the affected areas
- Allow the paste dry for at least 25 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
Turmeric treats cracked skin
Turmeric can equally help treat cracked heels. All you have to do is:
- Mix some coconut oil with turmeric powder
- Apply this paste on your cracked heels or dry skin
- Wash off after 15 minutes. You skin will feel relieved and soft.
Delays signs of ageing
Turmeric contains curcuminoid pigments which aids the body in synthesizing antioxidants. These antioxidants protect the skin cells from free radical damage, thereby slowing down the signs of ageing.
Turmeric contains soothing properties. Mix a pinch of turmeric with some milk or cooling curd and apply it on the affected area. Allow it to dry and then gently wash off. Repeat this a few times in a day for at least one to two weeks till the burn mark begins to disappear.
Cures stretch marks
To get rid of stretch marks, combine turmeric, lime juice, and saffron. Apply the paste on the affected area, and let it sit for 15 minutes and then wash off. Repeat this every day until you see noticeable improvements.
Turmeric For Skin Whitening
Turmeric can also help restore your natural glow and combat uneven skin tone. To improve uneven skin tone:
- Mix one teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of milk and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric to make a quick face pack.
- Apply evenly on face and leave it on for 25 minutes
- Wash off with water
- Repeat three to four times a week till you see improvements.
Turmeric for removing sun tan
You can use turmeric to remove sun tan by:
- Mixing a pinch of turmeric, lemon juice and raw milk.
- Apply the mixture properly all over the affected area and leave it to dry off.
- Rinse off with cold water.
Image source: Getty
Article source: food.ndtv.com
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.