Most beauty routine always begins with exfoliation. Note that the process of exfoliating isn’t just for the skin of your face alone, the lips equally needs to be scrubbed to make it soft and luscious.
There are plenty of lip scrubs available at beauty stores, but they may be expensive to get. So, why not prepare your homemade lip scrub using natural ingredients that leaves no side effects?
Using honey and ginger, you can get rid of those dead skin layer from your lips, thereby exposing the softer layers beneath.
How to prepare the natural ginger lip scrub
Ginger contains properties that can mildly irritate your skin, helping it boost the blood circulation to the lips which will make it appear softer and fuller. Honey reduces the ginger fragrance and moisturizes your lips.
Items you will need
- 1 tablespoon of white or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- Small piece of fresh ginger
- Small container
How to prepare
Follow below given step-by-step instructions to prepare the natural ginger lip scrub at home
- Take a tablespoon of white or brown sugar in a bowl.
- Wash the ginger and peel off the outer layer.
- Cut it into smaller pieces.
- Add these pieces to the bowl containing sugar
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Your scrub is ready to use.
How to use
- You can use a toothbrush, mascara, or your finger tip to apply it on your lips
- Use small, circular motions to rub your lips.
- Do not apply much pressure to avoid injuring your lips.
- Gently, scrub for 20-30 seconds to get rid of the chapped dead skin layers from your lips.
- Wipe off the lip scrub from your lips using a damp warm towel.
Image source: Getty
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.